No wonder Toad's doing the happy feet... TAY Time Chat is here, what a treat!
And talking about treats, don't you guys get super hungry when Tea Time comes around? Anyway, just had one of the best days in the last couple of weeks, it has rained all day long, and even though I had plans, I don't mind staying home and gaze at the rain :3 Also MK8 reviews are out... and the verdict is: Everyone loves it! Yay~ Seriously I can't wait until E3 2014 comes and Nintendo announces a Wii U price cut!
News Round Up!
- To no one's surprise... Hurricanes Are Moving North
- One Man's Insane Plan to Make Oculus Rifts for Chickens
- How Do "Firenadoes" Form? But really we all want to know how does a Sharknados form...
- Ohio Issues Bright Yellow License Plates To Shame DUI Offenders
- Jupiter's Great Red Spot is mysteriously shrinking
Song(s) of the Day
Dance Hall Days by Wang Chung
The Masterplan by Oasis
Mega-Thursday food related something-something!
Does anyone remember Barkspawn's post about needing a recipe to make a Strawberry Birthday Cake? Well I'm gonna give that recipe a spin (via The Pioneer Woman [Thanks Z]), in the meantime here's the original in nine easy steps:
For the Cake:
- 1-1/2 cup Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 9 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1-1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 whole Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
For the Icing/Frosting:
- 1/2 pound Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter
- 1-1/2 pound Powdered Sugar, Sifted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 pound Strawberries
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and corn starch.
- Cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well each time. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just barely combined.
- Pour into greased and floured 8-inch cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let it cool and slice.
- Stem strawberries and slice them in half from bottom to top. Place into a bowl and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons sugar. Stir together and let sit for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, mash the strawberries and sprinkle each half with 1 tablespoons sugar and allow to sit for another 30 minutes.
- For the Icing: combine cream cheese, butter, sifted powdered sugar, vanilla, and dash of salt in a mixing bowl. Mix until very light and fluffy. Chill in freezer.
- Spread the strawberries on the sliced cake, add one portion of the icing mix, place second layer and finish the covering the cake with the icing.
It should look similar to Spawn's cake, I'd like to point out my decoration skills are nonexistent and it'll probably look like an accident, plus I might change a couple of steps here and there to adapt the cake to my liking, I'll make a post over the weekend to show the results ^^
Now that I've got your attention you should check our other interesting posts around TAY and TAY Classic, if you feel like talking about anything then check out the Open Forum, and follow us on Twitter.