Hello everyone, and welcome to the Graveyard Shift, which is hosted by Kotaku's reader-run blog, TAY. This is a place to talk about life, video games, or anything else you want, so feel free to hop in and join in the topic discussion, or anything else you want. Then, when you're done, feel free to peruse the articles on TAY and TAYCLASSIC. Is this your first time on TAY or the Graveyard Shift? Then check out this handy TAYtorial!
Happy Halloween, TAY! Welcome to the Halloween Graveyard Shift!
Tonight, in honor of Halloween, we're going to do something a little creepy. I'm pretty sure we're all familiar with the concept of monsters. They're notorious for playing off of our fears and aversion to harm, which is why we can't stop thinking about them after hearing about them. What's worse is when they hit a little too close to home and trigger that one specific phobia that you have, or one that you didn't even know you have.
So, for tonight's topic, let's talk about phobias! But we won't stop there! In addition to talking about phobias, we're going to pump those creative muscles a bit. Design your own monster based on your phobias.
TUT originally had the idea, and also created some general guidelines for you to follow:
- Basic description of the monster with a background (Like, how/why it was created/born or whatever and what it does)
- A current setting or premise where we get to "see it in action"
- A basic description (Hardmode: A basic drawing)
(TUT: Of course, these are optional and people can do each however they feel like, but that's a basic pattern to follow.)
Alternatively, you can just tell us one of your basic phobias if you aren't feeling too creative. I think my biggest two are the dark and disproportionate body parts, so you can't get much lamer than that, right?
Did the topic not interest you? Are you completely fearless? Do you always make your morale checks? Well then, feel free to use this to talk about your day, share some interesting news, or whatever else you desire! The Halloween Graveyard Shift is now open!
Also, be sure to check out some of TAY's fantastic features, such as:
- The TUTorial for posting on TAY!
- The TAYlendar
- TAYClassic, our main source of TAY nostalgia
- The conTAYct list, to get in touch with me and tell me your deepest darkest secrets!
- The recent and ever-growing Game Night and mulTAYplayer community!
- We also now have a Steam community for Game Nights!