Hello everyone, and welcome to the Open Forum, which is hosted by Kotaku's reader-run blog, TAY. This is a place to talk about life, video games, or anything else, so feel free to hop in and join in the topic discussion, or comment about anything. Then, when you're done, feel free to peruse the articles on TAY and TAYClassic. Is this your first time on TAY or the Open Forum? Then check out this handy TAYTorial!
...employ such terrible character facial features.
Xenoblade Chronicles is a beautiful game. Even at my 30th hour of play, it still manages to outdo some beautiful scenery I saw at the 17th hour.
But in the first hour, I was hit with this!
Maybe I'm just a tad shallow when it comes to my video game characters, TAY. But...
There are shots that look much worse but the faces really just don't fit. Most of them look like this! It took me a while to get used to them but I did. It was not enough for me to put aside the game and stop playing, no. These things would, though!
- Not that unique, and thus far, a somewhat predictable storyline
- I need to check how many times "monado" is uttered
- Repetitive dialog in that one character states something and then it is stated with a slight alteration by the second character in case you missed it the first time (I'm guilty of this, I know it! Time to check mahself)
- Do we need to have so much
talking with the same three to four linesoverzealous, verbal confidence boosting to team members when we are slaying beasts? Yes? I don't believe you!
But you know, it has an amazing soundtrack and I think it might finally be getting slightly interesting. Still worth playing but I know not to expect too much anymore.
Now that you can tear yourself away from those eyes, here are some suggested topics for today:
1. Any game you've played that had that one terrible, annoying thing that you literally had to stop playing or came close to it?
2. Absolute worst character design you've seen in the past 5 games you played?
As always, feel free to Talk Amongst Yourselves if ain't nobody got time for the Eyes. Nose ...Face? It is the Open Forum, after all. Don't forget that the IRC Channel is always around for you to carry out discussions as well. If you wanted to give an admin, author, and/or friend a shout: You can find them on the DirecTAYry.
- Reminder: We will be watching Wayne's World for TAYV Movie Night beginning 9 p.m. EDT TONIGHT. If you're new to movie night, send a message to LoserMLW on AIM and he will add you to the chatroom. He will be there around 8:30 p.m.