Hey everyone! Welcome to the Graveyard Shift, the nightly hang-out hosted by Kotaku's reader-run blog, TAY. This is a place to talk about anything - your lives, your gaming habits, or whatever else you desire. Hop on in and join the discussion! When you're done here, you could always go check out the articles over at TAY or TAYClassic! Or, if this is your first time at TAY, please check out this TUTorial!
Ciao people! How's everyone doing on this lovely Tuesday? Me... well apart from pushing myself to the limit to win as many points for the Light Brigadiers as I can, and to be honest it's been exhausting, Just know I came back from my third 60+ minutes running session in the last 24 hours, I think it's time I slow down before I break my legs =/ anyhoo... talking about limits that's our topic for the night! But first... let's look at our TAY Selects for today:
- Patrick Allan Shares a lovely and touching moment with his dad.
- PinkZapperHelmet brings to light one of the most awesome Speedruns of Super Mario 64!
- And Astro talks about how she wants to try shotgunning while sharing some interesting pieces of news from around the world
So our topic for tonight is all about limits... ermm actually Limit Breaks! You know those abilities that seem to exceed the skills of your character, obviously they are native to the FF universe, but most RPGs have some mechanic similar to these, so disregarding whether it's a Limit Break or not, which is your favorite attack from any RPG? Mine... actually it's a difficult question to answer, I would like to go for any from Earthbound but to be honest... the special attacks from that game aren't that special!
So not a special abilty, more like a gimmick instead, but I loved the Audience from Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door! It was such a silly implementation that made the game much more entertaining and meta, I mean you're not fighting perse but performing in a play against these crazy yet funny enemies! The great thing was how the audience would participate and become part of the battle!
Plus look at them they all look so eager to be in the presence of such a magnificent play! Even Luigi is supporting his brother no matter how busy he's with his own adventure!
And that's about it... you could talk about the topic or not... or just y'know talk among yourselves ^.^
Be sure to check all these interesting trinkets from our fellow TAYers:
- Our TAYlendar, updated with goodies and future events on a weekly basis!
- The conTAYct list, to get in touch with your fellow TAYers!
- Game Night is Tomorrow... and I think they're playing Warframe for PC/PS4
- Run with us! Or well... watch how the battle between the Villains and the Light Brigadier unfolds in Aikage's Run Club!
The Graveyard shift is not responsible for your sleepwalking habit nor is responsible for causing insomnia, if you can't sleep, it's better to pay a visit to your family doctor! We also won't be held responsible for your early morning procrastination!